Cut to the Chase, Lee Lee
It's time I write down all of the stupid thoughts in my head. Maybe by writing them down, they can make sense.
I'm a mom of four children now. Wow...four of them. Each with their own story, season in life for me and memories of life's journey, both good and bad. I love my children, but I don't let them know I love them enough.
Alright...where did that saying come from? Back in the silent film days I believe when producers were trying to shorten a film, they would cut away from the slow scenes and get to the action packed chase scene. I'm thinking that's what I need to do. For too long I have been stuck in the slow scene of my life and I haven't just cut to the action. I want to be better for my family, my kids, my husband, myself. It's a scary thing to admit, but a true one as well.
I have a lot of people that I know that inspire me, but I need to inspire myself. I need to just do it (sorry Nike, Spencer W. Kimball coined that phrase long before your tennis shoe wearing spokespeople). I can do it. I can be positive. I can find the happiness of everyday life.
I have a list. It's in my mind, but I thought I'd get it out on paper. At least that way I can be accountable for it one way or another.
Things I want to do or be before I grow up:
play more with my little ones, especially Luke right now
learn how to can
organize my family history
organize and print photo books for all of my kids
lose 40 pounds
run in one of those stupid 5K/Ragnar/enter stupid race here-thingys
maintain my house so that my kids will never be ashamed to bring friends over
read my scriptures every day
dance with my boys
read to Luke and Madeline every day
enjoy the simple moments
plan a two week menu
have a garden
learn more about photography
inspire others
calendar better
ALWAYS know how much money I have in the bank
serve others
learn to make homemade bread
have more parties with friends
smile more
love more
write my damn book and actually send it to someone
stop being overwhelmed and lean on the Lord
progress forward...ever forward.
I can do this. I can be Lisa again. Cut to the Chase!
I'm a mom of four children now. Wow...four of them. Each with their own story, season in life for me and memories of life's journey, both good and bad. I love my children, but I don't let them know I love them enough.
Alright...where did that saying come from? Back in the silent film days I believe when producers were trying to shorten a film, they would cut away from the slow scenes and get to the action packed chase scene. I'm thinking that's what I need to do. For too long I have been stuck in the slow scene of my life and I haven't just cut to the action. I want to be better for my family, my kids, my husband, myself. It's a scary thing to admit, but a true one as well.
I have a lot of people that I know that inspire me, but I need to inspire myself. I need to just do it (sorry Nike, Spencer W. Kimball coined that phrase long before your tennis shoe wearing spokespeople). I can do it. I can be positive. I can find the happiness of everyday life.
I have a list. It's in my mind, but I thought I'd get it out on paper. At least that way I can be accountable for it one way or another.
Things I want to do or be before I grow up:
play more with my little ones, especially Luke right now
learn how to can
organize my family history
organize and print photo books for all of my kids
lose 40 pounds
run in one of those stupid 5K/Ragnar/enter stupid race here-thingys
maintain my house so that my kids will never be ashamed to bring friends over
read my scriptures every day
dance with my boys
read to Luke and Madeline every day
enjoy the simple moments
plan a two week menu
have a garden
learn more about photography
inspire others
calendar better
ALWAYS know how much money I have in the bank
serve others
learn to make homemade bread
have more parties with friends
smile more
love more
write my damn book and actually send it to someone
stop being overwhelmed and lean on the Lord
progress forward...ever forward.
I can do this. I can be Lisa again. Cut to the Chase!

Comments
Post a Comment