Spirit or Letter?



I've learned a lot thus far about myself through this challenge. I've really learned that by living the letter we are drawn to the spirit of it. If we live spirit first, there is no discipline, no purpose, no accountability. We become the interpreters of our own rules, etc. able to justify and satisfy ourselves as we see fit.

The prophets have been really stressing getting back to basics. We need to read our scriptures, pray, go to church...be obedient so that we can open our selves, our minds and our habits to live the spirit of the law...the higher law.

The trick is knowing when you are ready to incorporate both for God is both just and merciful. Someday. But for now, the letter reigns.

Only 2 weeks of challenge left. I CAN do this.

With a new perspective on a timeless principle,

Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts