What have you learned Dorothy...
Participating in an eight week healthy-goal challenge has taught me a lot about myself. First, I've realized that I can finish what I start. I've always been able to do this in most areas of my life, but never really for health areas. I'm usually good for about a month then I drift off the "path." The challenge has also taught me about motivation. Money for me is a great motivator! HA HA! When I know there is a reward that is "tangible" it is easier for me to commit. I've also learned that I don't like restricting myself so much (who does?). It makes me grumpy...BUT it has taught me self disciple at the same time. It became easier to say no to sweets or soda as the time went on because I was used to going without. I am hoping that I will continue to do well in that area.
I have loved doing this challenge with my husband. I've learned that having someone who cares about you and is as committed as you are is ESSENTIAL to long term success. Isn't that what marriage is all about? He has been fantastic and so supportive...even when HE couldn't have a treat now and then. I have even enjoyed the 1 am workouts with him while watching our favorite TV shows because 1 am is the only time we could really consistently work out together. This challenge gave me the opportunity to read the Ensign from cover to cover (silly isn't it?) and gave me more insights on my family and my standing with God.
I am hoping that I can maintain most of the habits I have created. Hopefully these good habits will replace some bad ones and I'll be one step closer to a healthier me. Remember...I've ALWAYS had the power within me!
With a renewed sense of accomplishment,
Lisa


Comments
Post a Comment