Day One: Rising to the Challenge


Kevin and I have accepted a challenge to do ten things everyday for eight weeks. Here is the list:

Drink 48 oz of water
30 minutes of exercise
No soda
No sweets
No fast food or bad snacks
Eat 2 servings of fruits and 2 servings of veggies
No eating after 9 pm
Read 15 minutes of scriptures/spiritually uplifting material
Write in journal/blog
Work on a personal goal

Each item is worth one point, making 10 things per day and 70 points per week. As of now, there are 38 people participating. We have all put in $10. The winners split the pot. I WANT $380! We have accepted this challenge. I WILL do this. I am going to show myself that I can do hard things. I'm going to show my kids that I can do hard things.

My goal for this week is to have a handle on my finances--always know how much I have in the bank. So far, so good. The treat part will be hard this week because it is Kevin's birthday on Wednesday. SO we have to have treats on Sunday only (with family). Bummer for him...he loves treats.

We often use treats as a way of showing affection. I wonder where that comes from. I wonder why we (and others) do that? Hmmmm....

You know how Buddy the Elf says that "smiling's my favorite?" Well...FOOD is my favorite! I love all the different ways you can prepare it. I love watching the food network. I love celebrating with friends and family with food. Food...glorious food.

But...I need to be the one in control of the food, not the other way around.

I went running with my husband tonight (well...he ran...I "power walked" most of it). It was fun being with him exclusively for 30 minutes. We laughed and walked side by side. He's so fun and supportive of me.

So, here I go into territory unknown. Trails that only I can blaze. I will succeed. With the Lord's help I can do it.

Yours with hope and determination,

Lisa

Comments

Popular Posts