Old Friends
I went to a funeral today for the father of some of my childhood/high school friends from Tracy. I hadn't seen some of the people at the funeral in 18 years or so. It was really neat to see them and to remember the good ol' days in Tracy. I listened as their mom sang with her sister a song entitled "Going Home." It was so cool to hear her sing again. I brought back so many memories of my teen years.
One of the twin sons (my good friends from High School) said that one of the last things his father said was, "Did I make an impact?" Each of the now adult children were able to express how much they loved and appreciated him.
That question made me think. Do I make an impact with my own children? Will they have no regrets when my time comes? Will they want to express their love to me 50 years from now?
I need to do better as their mother. I need to push harder. I need to find the joy in the simple things. Joy in my posterity.
It was good to see old friends.
With a sober heart,
Lisa
One of the twin sons (my good friends from High School) said that one of the last things his father said was, "Did I make an impact?" Each of the now adult children were able to express how much they loved and appreciated him.
That question made me think. Do I make an impact with my own children? Will they have no regrets when my time comes? Will they want to express their love to me 50 years from now?
I need to do better as their mother. I need to push harder. I need to find the joy in the simple things. Joy in my posterity.
It was good to see old friends.
With a sober heart,
Lisa

Comments
Post a Comment