Days Like These
I had a great talk with my 14 year old tonight. He was down for whatever reason...I think he's just worried about his upcoming show...so we talked about "messing up" on stage and him being worried about "sucking" on stage. I reminded him to not shut down as he used to do when he was little. Back then he would just stop all forward progress when he messed up in Tae Kwon Do or any other public performance. I remember him having such a difficult time getting out of that "feeling stupid" place.
He has grown so much since then. He has pushed through hard things...but still has more experiences left that will teach him. Then, I told him about USA Olympian Dan Jansen. I thought he could connect with that story. Later, I showed him a Visa commercial that summed up that story.
He got it. He gave me a hug and went on his way. It's days like these that I love being a mom.
With a smile,
Lisa
Click Here
He has grown so much since then. He has pushed through hard things...but still has more experiences left that will teach him. Then, I told him about USA Olympian Dan Jansen. I thought he could connect with that story. Later, I showed him a Visa commercial that summed up that story.
He got it. He gave me a hug and went on his way. It's days like these that I love being a mom.
With a smile,
Lisa
Click Here

Comments
Post a Comment